Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Reflecting on Week 2

When I first learned we were going to partake in conducting  action research, my gut was instantly filled with dread as there were so many questions about what I would choose. Understanding that the field of education is dynamic, I decided that I would meet with my  principal to brainstorm some current topics of concern at our campus. When I left the meeting, I had some great ideas, but was still undecided.  Then it dawned on me,  I was already in the process of action research. Realizing this and seeing I was at the inquiry stage, it began to become so much more clear to me. I decided to pick some ideas that were relevant and practical to me. I chose the topic of Block Scheduling and the Effects of the Campus. I look forward to this research and all the valuable  experience  earned in the process!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I am feeling the same way. As a teacher I am always posing questions about my lessons. Could I have taught this differently? Will my students learn this concept better through a lab or a project? Now I am put in a slightly different situation. It's comforting knowing that we are all going through a similar research process. At my old campus we had block scheduling and the teachers loved it. I am anxious to see what you find. Best of luck. :)

    ReplyDelete